Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was my mom's birthday.
We've celebrated a little bit yesterday and little bit today.
Yesterday I made her supper. 
And even helped wash dishes.
Usually if I make the meal, I don't have to do dishes.
But I was feeling generous and offered my skills.
We enjoy open-faced sandwiches and this is a classic one that I make.
Take a slice of french bread, spread on some poppyseed dressing, slice some onions, add some deli meat, and spinach leaves, and top it off with some mozzarella cheese and BAM! you have a really good sandwich. 
No to mention fresh strawberries with a dipping sauce composed of cool whip and mayo.  May sound weird, but it's good. 
Lately I've been on a cinnamon & sugar dessert kick
and last night was no different.
I took the cresent roll dough and spread some butter on it, then sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on it, rolled it up and let it bake for 12 minutes.  All of that combined = gooey goodness. 
Let's just say that when the night was through, there were none left. 
We love our veggies too, but I cannot take credit for making the dish because it comes pre-packaged and frozen from Schwans. 

Today for lunch we (mom, dad, Aunt Doris, Uncle Gordon, and myself) went to Salina to eat at Hong Kong Buffet.  Whenever we make trips to Salina we always eat here because it's a good variety of Asian cuisine.  Plus it's close to all the good shopping places on Ninth Street. 

Then we walked off our meal at the mall and Target. 
And since this blog is a blend of fashion, DIY, and life, here's pictures of the clothes I bought.
The dress is from Target and the smock is from Old Navy. 
The bottom two tank tops are also from Old Navy. 
I'm ready for spring and summer!
The good weather has started today and I hope it's here to stay!

 









1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious Ash!

    Cute clothes! Especially love the dress and tanks!

    ReplyDelete