Thursday, April 14, 2011

Real Simple

Today I got my May copy of the Real Simple magazine in the mail!
I thoroughly enjoy magazines because they are the
perfect combination of pictures and articles. 
Sometimes I find it hard to sit down and read an entire book,
especially if there's no pictures. 
So maybe there's some truth to why I have so
many kids' picture books on my desk at work. 
For anyone who has not paged through a Real Simple magazine, do it!
I promise that it's worth the $24 a year subscription because
most of the issues they produce are 1/2 inch thick.  No joke.
However, the issues are chalk full of advertisements.
I'm not sure the ratio of content and advertisements is,
but I usually rip out the double-sided advertisements on my first
run through of the magazine just so that in future page-throughs,
it won't take me so long to get to where I want to go. 
Overall, Real Simple is a well-rounded composition of fashion trends,
new uses for old things, advice columns, speed-cleaning tips, life lessons
articles, beauty tips, decorating tips, health advice, money tips, and recipes. 
Many times, it just makes life real simple. 

1 comment:

  1. I let my students cut up all my magazines...except my Real Simple. They will NEVER touch those babies. :)

    ReplyDelete